Famous Thai hot pot is one of the famous dishes in the land of the golden pagodas of Thailand. It is a hot dish with the main flavor being sour and spicy and the characteristic aroma from galangal, lemongrass, and the pungent taste of chili peppers.
How to cook delicious Thai hot pot is very simple, housewives can make it at home on cold days with ingredients that are easy to buy and still taste Thai.
- 1 kg of tubular bone
- Squid, clam, shrimp, beef (depending on the number of people eating)
- Straw mushrooms, water spinach, cabbage, corn, tofu
- Galangal, onion, tomato chili, lemongrass, lime leaves, garlic
- Lemon: 2 squeezed juice
- Thai hot pot seasoning package, sugar, satay, seasoning seeds, fish sauce
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
- Shrimp wash, remove the head, cut the tail, remove the black thread on the back. Cut squid into circles or cut dragon scales and then put them on a plate to look beautiful.
- Clams soaked in water, cut 2 more chili peppers to release mud. Mushrooms are washed, drained, then blanched in boiling water.
- Wash beef, use a knife to slice thinly to make it rare, delicious, and tender.
- Water spinach picks up the deep leaves, washes them with wilt; Cabbage and corn cut into pieces about 4cm.
- Beans cut into small cubes; galangal washed, sliced; lemongrass is smashed and then cut into 4-5cm pieces; onions and tomatoes add areca; crushed lemon leaves.
Step 2: Make Delicious Thai Hot Pot
- Wash bones, blanch in boiling water or boil, then decant the water so that there is no odor, the broth is clearer. Chill the bones for about 1 hour.
- Add minced onion, garlic and fry until golden, fragrant, then add lemongrass and crushed lemongrass leaves and stir-fry until fragrant, then add chili and sliced tomatoes and stir until the tomatoes are cooked.
- When the bone broth has finished simmering, pour into the pot of tomatoes, lemongrass, chili, and lime leaves and boil until boiling, then remove the lemongrass and lemongrass leaves. If you want to make spicy Thai seafood hotpot, just add more lime juice and chili.
- Seasoning: Add 1 tablespoon of satay, 1 tablespoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of MSG, sugar and lemon juice to taste.
Step 3: Make Hot Pot Sauce
Add 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, add a little chopped chili and sesame seeds and mix well until the ingredients are evenly mixed.
Step 4: Decorate and Enjoy
Now just put the hot pot in the middle of the table, arrange the seafood dishes and vegetables, mushrooms around. When eating, just put the pre-prepared ingredients into the pot of boiling hot pot to enjoy.