This butter fried quail recipe is very simple. However, not everyone knows how to make this delicious dish. If you love the fatty aroma of quail meat and butter, you can’t ignore the cooking method shared below.
- Quail: 12 (nearly 2kg). When buying quail, ask someone to clean the belly to save processing time. If possible, you should choose the female quail because the eggs of the female quail when eaten will be delicious and fatty.
- Ginger: 50gr, Red Onion: 30gr, Garlic: 20gr, Chilli: 4 fruits and Lemongrass: 1 plant.
- Vegetables served: cucumber, full-moon vegetables.
- Other seasonings: soy sauce, pepper, sugar, seasoning, five spices, salt, vinegar, cooking oil, cashew oil, coconut water.
1. Process Materials
- Peel the ginger, slice it, and smash it. Red onion, garlic peeled and minced.
- Clean the quail: put all the ginger and 2 tablespoons of salt in a clean bowl. Put the quail in the bowl. Mix well for 5 minutes and then rinse with clean water. Ginger and salt work to reduce the fishy taste and clean the quail better.
- When cleaning quails, remember to rub the smell of ginger on the abdomen. For female quails with eggs, take them out and wash them. If you put the egg in the stomach, the egg will be easily broken.
- Make the marinade: use a clean bowl as a marinade. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar, ½ tablespoon of five spices, 2 tablespoons of seasoning, ½ tablespoon of ground pepper, 2 tablespoons of coconut water, and shallots and garlic. Then, mix these spices well and add the quail. Mix the quail and seasoning well to coat the quail’s sides evenly. Next, cover the marinated quail with cling film. Marinate the quail for about 2 hours.
Denver Pho is serving delicious House Special Quails With Fried Sticky Rice – Chim Cut Xoi Chien. If you love this dish, you can Order Here. Thank You!
2. Make Butter Fried Quail
- Put the quail in the steamer for about 30 minutes.
- While waiting for the quail to be steamed, make the accompanying vegetables. Cucumber cut into bite-sized chunks. Add 3 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of vinegar. When finished, mix well and cover with cling film. Put in the refrigerator to increase the crispiness of the cucumber.
- Once the quail is steamed, fold it into a blister to cool down and drain. Put the quail eggs in the steamed quail water for 5 minutes. After steaming the quail eggs, use a sieve to remove only the steaming water.
- Fry the quails: put oil in the pan and heat until the oil is hot. You should put a lot of cooking oil, submerge the quail so that when frying, the quail will be more crispy. When the oil is hot, fry the quail until golden on both sides. It is recommended to fry quails on high heat. Because the quail is already cooked when steamed, you just need to fry it until golden. When frying, be careful not to splash the oil on your body.
- Due to marinating spices, when fried, quail has a beautiful brown color. Crispy quail is very attractive.
- Next is the butter fried quail. Put the color of cashew oil in a pan, add all 100 grams of butter. Pay attention to frying on low heat. When the butter melts, add the quail, gently flip both sides, then fold. The quail eggs you also put in the lightly fried butter.
- Make butter fried quail dipping sauce: use the steaming water as a dipping sauce. Put 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in the pot. When the oil is hot, add the red onion, garlic, and sauteed lemongrass. Continue to add the quail steaming water and 200ml soy sauce into the pot. You bring this sauce to a boil. Then lower the heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes, then turn off the heat. Depending on the taste of each family, you can re-season to suit.
So the ways to make butter fried quail are completed. The food looks appetizing. Hot and crispy, delicious, golden color, fatty taste of butter and meat. All have contributed to creating a very unique dish. Denver Pho Wish you all success.