- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice (cold, day-old rice works best)
- 200g mixed seafood (shrimp, squid, and mussels), cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn), frozen or fresh
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Green onions, chopped, for garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Prepare the Rice:
- If you’re using freshly cooked rice, spread it out on a baking sheet and let it cool for about 30 minutes. Cold rice is ideal for fried rice.
- Prepare the Sauce:
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Cook the Seafood:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the mixed seafood and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until they turn pink and opaque. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Scramble the Eggs:
- In the same pan, add a little more oil if needed. Pour in the beaten eggs and scramble them until they are just set. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Stir-Fry the Vegetables:
- If you’re using fresh vegetables, add them to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- If you’re using frozen vegetables, you can add them directly from the freezer. Stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes.
- Combine Everything:
- Add the cold, cooked rice to the pan with the vegetables. Stir-fry to combine everything evenly.
- Add the Sauce:
- Pour the prepared sauce over the rice and vegetables. Stir-fry for an additional 2-3 minutes, ensuring that everything is well coated and heated through.
- Add the Seafood and Eggs:
- Return the cooked seafood and scrambled eggs to the pan. Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Garnish your seafood fried rice with chopped green onions and fresh cilantro leaves.
- Serve hot with lime wedges on the side for extra flavor.
Enjoy your homemade Seafood Fried Rice!
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding your favorite seafood or adjusting the seasonings to your taste.