Rare beef pho is a typical Vietnamese dish that is loved for its delicious and nutritious flavor. Here is a simple and tasty recipe for making rare beef pho.
- 500g beef meatballs
- 1kg beef bones
- 500g dried pho noodles
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 ginger root, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2-3 shrimp cakes (depending on your preference)
- 300g rare beef, thinly sliced
- Herbs: basil, culantro, cilantro
- Onion, lime leaves, chili, and sawtooth herb
- Prepare the ingredients: Rinse the beef bones and place them in a large pot of boiling water to cook for about 1 hour. Afterward, remove the bones and let them cool, keeping the broth.
- Make the broth: Add shallots, garlic, and ginger to the pot of beef broth and boil for about 30 minutes. Then, add the dried pho noodles to the pot and continue boiling for about 30-45 minutes until the noodles are soft.
- Add the seasonings: Add sugar, black pepper, and fish sauce to the broth and mix well. Next, add the rare beef to the pot and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the beef is cooked while still pink.
- Prepare the herbs: Rinse the herbs and chop them finely. Then, sprinkle some herbs and onion on top of the pho bowl.
- Add garnishes and more seasonings: Beat the eggs and add them to the broth, stirring well. Next, add the shrimp cakes to the broth to add more flavor. Finally, add lime leaves, chili, and sawtooth herb to enhance the flavor of the pho.
- To make it even more delicious, you can add chili sauce, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce as condiments.