How to make beef noodle soup at home is very quick, simple, requires few ingredients but still delicious.
- 500 g tubular bones/clumps
- 400g beef
- 3 dried onions
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 small piece of cinnamon
- 1 anise
- 1 cardamom
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds (optional)
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon MSG (monosodium glutamate) (optional)
- Green onions, coriander (coriander)
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
- Wash bones and meat with water mixed with salt and vinegar. Soak bones and meat in cold water for 15-20 minutes. Rinse bones and meat with water until the water is clear.
- Dried onions and fragrant grilled ginger, scrape off the burnt layer, rinse with water.
- Cinnamon, anise, cardamom, coriander seeds, pepper washed, roasted fragrant.
- Finely chopped green onions and coriander. Onion heads are left whole or chopped.
- Peel the onion, slice it thinly, soak it in ice water for about 15 minutes, then take it out and drain.
Step 2: Cook Broth
- Cook a pot of boiling water. When the water is boiling, put the bones in and boil for 3-5 minutes to foam up, then pour the blanching water away, rinse the bones and pot.
- Measure into a pot of 2 liters of water, add the bones since the water is cold.
- Turn on high heat, when the water boils, skim off the foam, drop the beef in to boil together, add onions, ginger and salt, fish sauce, seasoning seeds. When the water boils again, skim the foam a second time and then lower the heat to simmer.
- Chill bones for 2 hours without lid.
- After about 1 hour, use chopsticks to skewers and see that the meat is tender, then take it out and soak it in cold water and then refrigerate it until you eat it.
- Anise, cinnamon, cardamom, pepper, coriander seeds are put in a cloth bag tightly tied. When almost eating, drop into the pot of broth and boil for about 15 minutes.
- Discard the spice bag, ginger onion and bones. Strain the broth through a sieve if desired.
- Taste the broth again, season with the main noodles (if desired).
- If the iron broth drops to less than 2 liters, add more water to make 2 liters.
Step 3: Done
- Thinly sliced beef.
- Blanch the pho noodles and rinse the bowl with hot water.
- Put pho noodles in a bowl, arrange thinly sliced beef and sprinkle with cilantro.
- The broth is boiling hot, sprinkle with pepper if you like. Pho is eaten very hot, when eating, squeeze lemon, add vinegar soaked in garlic and chili, chili sauce, satay, toss… according to taste.