Steamed clams with lemongrass have the spicy taste of chili, the aroma of lemongrass and the sweetness of clams, very attractive. The dish is simple to make, but to be delicious, you need to have a standard recipe as well as a few small secrets. Let’s discover how to make delicious and attractive steamed clams in just a few minutes.
Clam is a food with high nutritional value, delicious, so it is very popular. Clam meat is used as a raw material to prepare many delicious dishes such as: dill spicy clam vermicelli, chicken soup with clams, clams with sweet and sour sauce, etc. In which, steamed clams with lemongrass are a favorite dish of many people.
Nutritional Value of Clams
In 100g of clam meat contains:
- Protein: 10.8g
- Fat: 1.6g
- Zinc: 180mg
- Iron: 24mg
Along with many other trace elements such as calcium, manganese, copper, iodine, selenium… and vitamins B1, B6, B12, C.
Clam dishes contain many nutrients beneficial to health, helping the body to replenish many substances and enhance disease resistance. Clams help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and anemia, fight arthritis, strengthen the immune system, help regulate blood sugar levels, keep teeth and gums healthy, good for dieters and heart disease, etc.
How to Choose Fresh Clams
- You choose clams with hard shells, closed mouths, and heavy hands. If the clams are light, easily separate them by hand and the clams are dead.
- For open-mouthed clams, if they move their hands or close their mouths when they touch them, they are live clams.
How to Make Delicious Steamed Clams With Lemongrass
- Clams: 1kg
- Lemongrass tree: 10 branches
- Green onions: 100g
- Ginger: 30g
- Garlic: 1 bulb
- Fresh chili: 5
- Lemon: 2
- Condiments: fish sauce, sugar, monosodium glutamate
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
Clams are soaked with salt and chili water diluted for about 1-2 hours to release all the sand, then wash and take out the basket to dry.
- Garlic peels off the dry outer skin, minced.
- Fresh chillies are washed, cut lengthwise, seeds removed and finely chopped.
- Lemongrass remove the outer skin, cut into pieces and smash.
- Peel off the skin of the ginger, wash it and cut it thinly.
Step 2: Steamed Clams With Lemongrass
- Prepare a medium-sized pot, put the crushed lemongrass branches on the bottom and put the clams on. Add to the pot 1 tablespoon of chopped chili, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce and 150ml of filtered water.
- Put the pot on the stove, cover the lid, cook on medium heat until the water boils, the clams open their mouth, shake well and turn off the stove.</li
Step 3: Make the Dipping Sauce
Make fish sauce for clams according to the recipe: 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon minced chili, 1/3 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/6 teaspoon MSG, 1/4 teaspoon minced ginger and the juice of 2 lemons. Mix well for the spices to blend together and then serve with clams.
Step 4: Enjoy
- Ladle the clams into a bowl, garnish with green onions and fresh chili. Serve hot with sweet and sour fish sauce mixed and served with laksa leaves.
- Steamed clams with lemongrass are hot, delicious, and awaken the taste buds of users. The dish is fragrant with lemongrass flavor, while still retaining the fresh and cool taste of clams, making you like it more and more.