Are you planning to host a family gathering but don’t know what to do and where to start? Chickens are available in the garden, show off your chicken dishes right away! Soft, flexible, fragrant sticky rice combined with rich chicken will help you to please the whole family.
Ingredients: (For 6 People)
- 1 chicken
- 1 onion, 2 purple onions
- Lettuce, green onion
- 1/2 lemon
- Chicken gizzard 200 gr
- Chicken hearts 200 gr
- 4 turmeric
- 3 cups sticky rice
- Minced garlic, spices…
Denver Pho is serving delicious Combination Chicken Tray. If you love this dish, you can Order Here. Thank You!
- Step 1: Wash the glutinous rice and soak it in water overnight. If you want a nice color, you can mix in a little turmeric powder. Chicken gizzard rub with salt to remove oil, chicken heart washed, drained. If the chicken gizzard is large, you can cut it in half.
- Step 2: Clean and wash chicken with diluted salt water, soak in salt water for about 5 minutes, then take out the basket to drain.
- Step 3: Sliced scallions, thinly sliced purple onions, non-aromatic. Onions peeled, thinly sliced, laksa leaves, washed. Turmeric is peeled, pounded, and juiced.
- Step 4: Put the chicken in the steamer, steam for about 40-45 minutes, turn off the heat but continue to cover the lid for about 5 more minutes, then take the chicken out on a plate.
- Step 5: Put the glutinous rice in the steamed basket. Occasionally use chopsticks to stir, add 1/2 of the fried onion.
- Step 6: Fry minced garlic with 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, add chicken hearts, chicken gizzards, 1/2 onion, turmeric juice, stir for 10 minutes. After the chicken gizzard is cooked, add seasoning, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and green onion.
- Step 7: Cool chicken, tear off the meat, remove the bones. Add the remaining onion, 1 tablespoon fish sauce, 1 teaspoon seasoning, 1 teaspoon white sugar, white head of green onion, laksa leaves, squeezed lemon juice, mix well.
- Step 8: Put sticky rice on a plate, sprinkle fried onions on it and serve with heart mixture, fried chicken tender, boiled chicken! It takes time, but in return, your whole family will have a delicious dish like never before.