Grilled squid with satay with neat preparation stages with simple ingredients can create an attraction that is hard to refuse. Let’s hurry to the kitchen with Denver Pho!
Nutrition in Squid
Squid is also a type of seafood with high nutritional content, so it is chosen by many housewives as an ideal food to be processed into delicious and attractive dishes for the family, especially children. Because squid contains substances good for health such as melanin, iron, copper as well as amino acids and low cholesterol.
- Squid has antibacterial properties.
- Contributing to high anti-oxidation.
- Cancers can be prevented.
- Squid contains compounds that help blood vessels to regulate and dilate in moderation to improve blood pressure, which is always stable.
- Effective in fighting stomach ulcers because squid can regulate stomach acid.
- Strengthen and develop immune cells, thereby making the immune system also increase.
- However, when used with too much frequency, it will be counterproductive, especially for people with pre-existing conditions such as allergies, diseases related to the liver, bile or even heart disease, people with medical conditions. In terms of stomach, spleen and skin diseases, you should pay attention to the use of this food.
- 1 fresh squid.
- 1 bulb of garlic.
- 2 lemongrass plants.
- 1 purple onion.
- 10ml honey.
- Necessary seasonings: cooking oil, oyster sauce, soy sauce…
When buying squid, you can ask the seller to clean the basic steps first, and if you want to increase your cooking experience, just follow the steps that YummyDay guides you below:
- First, you need to wash the squid through 1 water first. Then determine the squid beard and then hold the squid body firmly and then pull the squid beard out definitively. One thing you need to keep in mind is that when pulling the squid body out, the internal organs of the squid are also dragged along, so it is possible that the squid bag and the squid’s digestive bag will also be broken, so it depends on the case if If both parts are pulled out smoothly, it’s okay, but if it breaks, don’t panic, you just need to wash the squid with saltwater thoroughly. Then wash it with vinegar or white wine. the fishy smell is gone.
- After that, you will immediately see a backbone tree right in the middle of the squid body, you just need to pull it out to be able to remove all the bones of the squid, depending on the roasting you can cut it into slices or leave the whole piece of squid body. But you should cut the squid in half and then scrape off all the remaining viscera inside the squid’s body.
- Finally, the skin of the squid when it is washed with salt and other solutions will peel off, you hold the squid’s body and then pull the skin out. Because this way of making grilled squid satay uses the squid body as the main part. We mainly use the squid body, then use a knife to lightly poke the squid body with checkered lines to make the seasoning step easier, and the head will be easier. Squid and tentacle you prepare as usual so that it is clean.
If you love Whole Grilled Squid With Satay Sauce, You can Order Here in Denver Pho. Thank You!
After the squid preparation step, let’s come to the rest of the ingredients!
- With lemongrass, you wash it, then cut it into 3-4cm pieces and lightly beat it to create a scent; Garlic and shallots are peeled, washed, and finely chopped.
- For satay, you can choose ready-made ones or make your own. YummyDay will show you a simple but super delicious satay recipe: you will prepare the oil, minced garlic, minced dried shrimp, chopped chili, and paprika. You will add the minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, then add the dried shrimp to the island to cook the dried shrimp, then the oil and cook until boiling, finally add chili and paprika, you can taste a little seasoning for satay to eat deliciously.
Next, you put all the above ingredients: 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, 1 tablespoon satay, 1 little honey to create natural sweetness, and mix well to form a mixture. thick and then sweep over the squid so that the squid body is evenly marinated with satay-grilled squid.
The last step is to bake until fragrant!
- You fix the squid with 2 bamboo skewers on each end to shape the squid when it’s done baking so it won’t bend!
- You can use 2 ways to grill squid, that is, using a charcoal stove or an oven.
- For the charcoal stove, you also need to group coals for the hot stove and then put the grill on top to bake the squid, the squid will be very sensitive to heat so it will bake quite quickly, about 10-15 minutes it can be cooked, remember to turn it over. on both sides of the squid so that the squid is cooked evenly!
- For the oven, it’s simpler, remember to preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes, then put the foil in the baking tray and then put the squid in the oven for about 5-7 minutes to finish.
- When making grilled squid satay is complete, you can eat it in pieces or cut it into small pieces to make it easier to eat!
So we have finished the delicious grilled squid with satay! Grilled squid is soft, soft, and chewy, eating in the sweet, sweet, and salty taste is absolutely perfect, you can dip it with chili sauce or salt and pepper with lemon, it’s also very delicious! Good luck in your kitchen!