- 1 green papaya, peeled and shredded
- 100g beef jerky, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup long beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, crushed
- 2-3 Thai chilies, minced (adjust to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp (optional)
- Fresh cilantro and mint leaves for garnish
- Prepare the Beef Jerky:
- If your beef jerky is not yet thinly sliced, cut it into thin strips and set aside.
- Make the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, mix together fish sauce, lime juice, palm sugar, and tamarind paste until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Prepare the Salad:
- In a large mortar and pestle, pound the minced garlic and Thai chilies until they are well combined and slightly crushed.
- Add the long beans and cherry tomatoes to the mortar and gently pound to release their flavors. Use a wooden spoon if you don’t have a mortar and pestle.
- Add the shredded papaya and beef jerky to the mortar. Gently mix and lightly pound to combine all the ingredients.
- Add the Dressing:
- Pour the dressing over the papaya mixture and toss everything together until well coated.
- Final Touch:
- Add the crushed roasted peanuts and dried shrimp (if using) to the salad. Toss gently to combine.
- Transfer the papaya salad to a serving plate. Garnish with fresh cilantro and mint leaves.
- Serve the Papaya Salad With Beef Jerky immediately as a refreshing and flavorful appetizer or light main dish.
Note: Adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or fewer Thai chilies. You can also customize the salad by adding other ingredients like grilled shrimp, sliced cucumber, or beansprouts.
Pro Tip: For extra flavor, marinate the beef jerky slices in a mixture of soy sauce, oyster sauce, and a dash of honey for about 15 minutes before using them in the salad.
Enjoy your delicious and tangy Papaya Salad With Beef Jerky!